Safety and Policies
Safety and Policies at McDonald
Return to In-Person Learning: Top 10 Things SPS Families Need to Know
A summary of the Top 10 is below.
- There will be a required, daily health screening.
- Students will be required to wear a mask.
- All students will be met by staff at a designated drop off area.
- All classrooms are 15 students or less.
- In the classroom, students will be assigned to seats that are six feet apart and face the same direction.
- Students will have their own materials for daily use and items will not be shared.
- Hand washing will be prioritized throughout the day including but not limited to on arrival, before lunch, after recess, and after using the restroom.
- Daily cleaning of common areas will be done in compliance with CDC and Public Health recommendations.
- When heading home, students will line up maintaining six feet between them.
If your student(s) arrive late to school, the front door will be locked. Please ring the bell. A staff member will admit your child into school. Parents should remain outside please.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support as we work to increase the safety and security of our school.
Illness (keeping kids who are sick at home):
Please encourage your students to wash hands, get plenty of rest, and drink lots of fluids. If students do get sick, please keep them home. If your kids have a fever, diarrhea, or have vomited, they need to stay home for at least 24 hours.
Pick up and drop-off procedures:
We are testing out a new School Street on NE 54th and NE 55th Streets to reduce car traffic and congestion and to promote walking and biking to and from school. Parents who drive should park on a neighboring street and walk to school for drop-off and pick-up daily. We will be sending out a questionnaire after June 18 to determine if this is something we should continue in the fall.